Annal Nayyar reminds you that Academies and free schools are required to correctly register all land associated with them, with the land registry.

The requirement is set out at 5.1 of ‘academy and free school: model funding agreements’. Individual funding agreements will vary, but all include a similar clause.

This is a simple and easy process – but important to get right. You may want to check with your solicitors, or you can easily get hold of a copy of your title register via land registry. If your land is not registered or does not include the correct restrictions, you need to apply to the Land Registry using form RX1.


Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.